|Dig||Dig in certain places to find buried items.||Derrick|
Using a Shovel
|Double Jump||Double Jump by pressing the Jump button twice while on areas with flowers to reach otherwise unreachable places.||Female Characters|
|Duel Wield||Wield two weapons at the same time (Unneeded for any collectables).||Park|
|Explosives||Destroy shiny, metallic objects.||Jacoby|
|Repair||Repair red-hot elements and machines.||Mallot|
|Improvisation||Winches can be interacted with to bring the character using it to greater heights.||Jack Sparrow|
|Jack's Compass||Use a Compass to locate special objects that will be hidden otherwise. If all objects are found in a level, the player will be rewarded with a Gold Brick.||Jack Sparrow|
|Leg Stomp||Much like a jump and attack with a sword, these characters use their peg-legs to cause a shockwave which spreads slightly further than with a sword.||Davy Jones|
|Midget||These characters can crawl through little flap doors and reach otherwise unreachable areas.||Cutler Beckett|
|Part of the crew, part of the ship||Pass through coral-encrusted walls and floor to otherwise unreachable areas.||Crew of the Flying Dutchman|
|Ranged Weapons and Throwing Weapons||These weapons allow the characters to have a great range attack. Characters that are holding these weapons will be able to shoot targets. If you hold your attack button, this will activate a targeting reticule. You will be able to move it across three targets at a time (The three-targets are Handheld only, but the reticle is kept in the other version). Let go of the button and take down the enemies. Angry Cannibal has a blowpipe, but it has the same effect as pistols and muskets.||Koehler|
Using a throwable object
Using a ranged weapon
- Strength (Davy Jones, Quartermaster Zombie, Blackbeard, Bo'sun, Tattoo Pirate, Garheng, Gunner Zombie, Crash) Pull orange levers and lift up other minifigs and smash them to pieces.
- Sword (a lot, and with a found sword) Having your sword is a great weapon, characters who have swords will only be able to activate switches or initiate duels. In fighting, enemies swords seem no more powerful than any other weapons, except Blackbeard's sword. Levers can only be activated by a character with a sword, they will automatically use the sword to make a makeshift lever. Governor Weatherby Swann and King George have candelabras, Crash has a fish spine, Penrod has a mace and Capitaine Chevalle has a cane, but these act the same as swords. The Ancient Sailor has a fish and Cook a frying pan, these handle differently but fight the same against swords, but cannot be used as levers.
- Throwing Weapons (Will Turner, Maccus, Jacoby, Hungry Cannibal, Ragetti, Admiral Hector Barbossa ) Throwing Weapons are basic attack weapons. Some of the characters will be able to use spears, grenades or axes. You will need to aim for the target (though if you're facing exactly the right way, targeting is done automatically) and use your weapons to hit it. Admiral Barbossa's poison frogs stun enemies a moment as if influenced by music (This ability is similar to the "Pistols and Muskets" ability.
- Underwater walk (Cursed Crew of the Black Pearl, Zombies, Crew of the Flying Dutchman, or with a cursed gold of Cortéz coin) Walk underwater as if on land, instead of swimming & having to watch not to run out of breath. Syrena can also remain underwater indefinitely but swims more than walk.
- Voice (Syrena, Phillip Swift) Shatter glass and ice and stun enemies with your voice.
- Whip (Lian, Syrena, Mermaid, Jimmy Legs, Gunner Zombie) Hit enemies from a further distance than melee weapons, but less far than thrown weapons or firearms (Not needed).
- Magic (Handheld only Tia Dalma, Angry Cannibal, Blackbeard and Quartermaster and Gunner) Make items appear or move heavy parts away. Also kind of replaces Sword of Triton magic.
- Navy Member (Handheld only, Norrington, Murtogg, Mullroy, King George, probably Governor Swann.) Activates special red sword levers.
- Pirate captain (Handheld only, All versions of Jack and Barbossa, Mistress Ching, Capitane Chevalle and the other pirate lords from 4th meeting take Elisabeth to give Sao Feng) Activate special black switches.
- Cursed (Handheld only, cursed crewmembers) Becomes super strong to break barriers, kinda replaces Strenght.
Black and red bricks can only be manipulated with Blackbeard's sword
Will Turner has displayed the ability to put one heart in the chest then the rest turn into iron hearts.
When you come across another character that has a sword it will appear above the enemy. You will need to accept the challenge. If you accept your duelling challenge with your enemy, you will need to follow your on-screen instruction to attack your enemy. Every time you attack your enemy, your enemy will lose one of their hearts. If you take all your enemies' hearts you will win this duel!